- Attendee: The participant who registered for the event and is on the list of attendees.
- Assignment: The assignment of Limina Gathering is to organize a program for the attendees in relation to one or more of the following areas: Recreational activities, accommodation, meal provision, and local transport.
- Host: Limina Gathering, which acts as coordinator of activities at event and booking agent for accommodations and local transport.
- Event: The actual occurrence of the recreational activity including on-site activities, accommodation, meal provision, and local transport.
All bookings accepted by us, arrangements made by us, and registration of the attendee are subject to these terms and conditions.
Obligations of the Host.
We act as a booking agent. We are not the direct supplier of the accommodation and local transport for the event, unless agreed otherwise. We are obliged and commit ourselves to carry out the assignment in a responsible manner.
Obligations of the Attendee.
The attendee will participate in the event at their own risk and responsibility. The event is subject to written agreements, such as but not limited to:
- restrictions on the use of alcohol and drugs and smoking cigarettes
- the observance of instructions during the event, including off-limit areas of the venue and respectful behaviour towards other attendees and organizers
- the physical suitability for participation in the event
- the responsibility to participate in the event on the level of someone’s personal skills and experience
- the obligation to sign, on the spot of the event, a waiver form with regard to damages and liability, if required
- the possible last minute cancellation of an outdoor event in case of extreme weather conditions, if the organizer of the event so decides.
These written agreements will be made available in writing for viewing by the attendee at the event registration area.
Cancellation, alterations, and refunds.
All sales are final. Attendees may cancel their attendance of the event in forfeiture of their payment. A reserved spot at the event, secured by payment, by be transferred from the attendee to another person.
If due to circumstances beyond our control it becomes necessary to substitute alternative accommodation, which may be of a higher or lower standard or price, or make any other alterations to the event we shall inform the attendee of the changes as soon as possible. The attendee must pay any additional cost due to such changes.
If due to circumstances beyond our control it is necessary to alter local transport, which may be of a higher or lower standard or price, we shall inform the attendee of the changes as soon as possible. The attendee must pay any additional cost due to such changes.
Limina Gathering assumes the right to refuse service and will provide written reason for enacting this right, in circumstances such as but not limited to: an attendee demonstrating communication or behaviour that suggests they intend to cause harm to themselves or others. In the event that Limina Gathering enacts this right, the attendee’s registration will be forfeited without refund.
Limina Gathering cannot be held responsible for the execution of the event by the event facilitators, the venue, the local accommodations, or the local transport suppliers. More specifically, we cannot be held liable for damage suffered by the attendee.
Limina Gathering cannot be held liable for any damages of whatsoever nature, property loss, injuries or death caused or suffered by an attendee who was under influence of alcohol or any other drugs.
Limina Gathering cannot be held liable for any damages of whatsoever nature, property loss, injuries or death caused or suffered by an attendee who did not follow up instructions and safety guidelines instructed by us or our supplier.
The attendee will reimburse Limina Gathering for all costs incurred in relation to any damages brought about as a direct result of the attendee’s actions.
The attendee is responsible for adequate travel and medical insurance and their own assessment of their mental and physical capability in attending the event.
Circumstances outside our control.
Limina Gathering cannot be held liable in the event that the event or part of the event cannot take place due to circumstances outside our control, such as, but not limited to cancellation of the event by the venue, illness of the majority of event facilitators, and extreme weather conditions.
In the event that the event or part of the event cannot be carried out, we will do our utmost to find a suitable alternative for the attendee.
In the event that the event or part of the event cannot take place due to circumstances outside our control, we hold the right to postpone or cancel our assignment without any legal or financial liability towards the attendee or any third party unless stated by law. In such case, the agreed financial and/or legal liability rests with the attendee.
Limina Gathering recognizes that the event is held in the Central Kootenay Regional District, British Columbia, Canada and is subject to local, provincial, and national law as well as the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.